OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
To enter you must complete the official online entry form.
1. Only one entry per person allowed. Entry must be received on or before midnight Eastern Standard Time on the Contest Closing Date (as specified in the contest description).
2. To enter, entrants must complete the online entry form at www.parentscanada.com/cashforclass, including photo submission (optional) and short essay, all as described on the entry form.
3. One grand prize of a $10,000 RESP provided by the Children’s Education Fund Inc. (“CEFI”) will be awarded. An individual must, at the time of entry into the Contest: a) be a legal resident of Canada; (b) be located in Canada; (c) have reached the age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence; and (d) EITHER be the parent or legal guardian of a child who is (or is, him or herself) qualified to be designated as the beneficiary of a Prize OR, have received permission from the child’s parent or legal guardian (or from such other intended beneficiary, if such individual is over the age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence) to designate the child who is a legal resident of Canada and eligible to be a beneficiary
One secondary prize of a $1,000 gift card from The Children’s Place will also be awarded. The Children’s Place gift cards are subject to the terms and conditions on the card. Both winners will also receive a free one-year subscription to ParentsCanada Magazine.
4. The contest is open to all persons residing in Canada (except residents of the Province of Quebec), eighteen or older. Employees of The Children’s Place (Canada), LP, CEFI, ParentsCanada and Family Communications (collectively known as the “Sponsors”) and their affiliate companies, their respective advertising and promotional agencies, the contest judging organization and members of their respective immediate families are not eligible. The chances of being selected depend on the total number of entries received. Void where prohibited by law.
5. The Sponsors take no responsibility for entries that are lost, misdirected, delayed, or received after the contest deadline. Only one e-mail address and account may be used by any person to enter the Contest. In the event that the Sponsors receive more than one (1) entry per person the Sponsors reserve the right to void and destroy duplicate entries and that entrant may, at the discretion of the Sponsors, be disqualified from the Contest. Should it be discovered that an entrant is using the aid of computer programs to auto-fill entries, that entrant will be immediately disqualified from the Contest. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify all such contestant from future contests conducted by the Sponsors without further notice. By submitting an entry, entrants agree to be bound by these official rules and regulations.
6. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be deemed to be made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the e-mail address in question.
7. By entering the contest, entrants consent to the use of their names and/or photograph in any publicity carried out by the contest organizers, without compensation. The winner of the contest will be announced on ParentsCanada.com.
8. A random draw will be made in Toronto, Ontario at 65 The East Mall on the date that is seven (7) days after the Contest Closing Date from all eligible entries received to select the fifty (50) finalists. A panel of judges representing the Sponsors will judge the submitted essays from the finalists and select a grand prize and second prize winner. The decision of the judges is final. Selected entrants will be notified by e-mail within ten (10) days of the draw. Selected entrants will then have ten (10) days following receipt thereof to contact Parents Canada to claim their prize. Should Parents Canada not receive a reply within ten (10) days the selected entrant will be deemed to have forfeited any rights to the prize and a back-up entrant will be selected in the same manner by the judges, in which event, the foregoing provisions of this sentence shall also apply to such other eligible entry. To win, the selected entrant will be required to sign a standard declaration/release form confirming compliance with rules and acceptance of the prize as awarded.
9. The contest is subject to all Federal, Provincial and Municipal laws and regulations.
10. The prize is not transferable and cannot be surrendered for cash and the RESP is not transferrable.
11. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and may not be exactly as shown. Parents Canada reserves the right to replace this prize with one of equal or greater value at its discretion. The winner agrees to allow the sponsors 30 days to begin making the necessary arrangements to deliver the prize. The prize will be delivered by standard ground courier to the address provided for that purpose by the winner.
12. The Sponsors reserves the right to cancel or suspend this contest in the event of any accident, or administrative or other error of any kind.
13. The Sponsors are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry of registration or entry information which may affect an entrants’ inability to get through on the internet during the promotion or ability to participate in the contest, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed/corrupted data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof, any inability to access the site, or damage to a user's system occasioned by participating in the contest, and entries which fail to fully comply with these contest rules and regulations.
14. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to release Sponsors and any organizations affiliated with the sponsorship, fulfillment, administration, prize support, advertisement or promotion of the Contest and each of their respective parents, agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Contest and/or acceptance, use or misuse of any prizes.