Watch ParentsCanada editor Janice Biehn talk about this and other holiday crafts on CTV Kitchener’s News at Noon.
1. Glue your ornament or animal to the centre of the underside of the lid with hot glue. Let dry.
2. Fill the jar to the rim with distilled water mixed with 2 tsp of glycerine.
3. Stir in about 1 tsp of glitter.
4. Screw the lid onto the jar tightly (in the sink) and wipe up any overflow.
5. Flip the jar over and shake to bring on the blizzard.
Originally published in ParentsCanada magazine, December 2013.