The chameleon’s chief talent is blending into his surroundings. Craft him from green pipe cleaners and let him hide in plain sight— only his darting orange tongue and yellow felt eyes will give him away.
Marker (for shaping body and making details)
Scissors or nail clippers
White craft glue
1. To make a basic head: MAKE a loop in the middle of a pipe cleaner. The size and shape of the loop determine the size and shape of the head. WRAP head from neck to nose (the remaining length will hold body in place and form tail).
2. To make a basic body: COIL pipe cleaner around a marker (the thicker the marker, the fatter the animal) and SLIDE off.
To make a chameleon:
1. Make basic head and body shapes, leaving tail extra long for curling. SLIDE body into place. SLIP legs between coils, and twist to secure.
2. CUT out felt eyes; GLUE on. BEND legs at knees and feet. CUT a skinny pipe cleaner for tongue.
3. DRAW pupils on eyes with a permanent marker. SLIDE tongue into face; curl end.