Jamie Oliver's Beef and Vegetable Stir Fry
By Jamie Oliver
on April, 20 2010
250g dried medium egg noodles
350g steak, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely sliced
a thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely sliced
1–2 large fresh red chilies, finely sliced
200g peanut shoots or beansprouts
juice of ½ a lime
1 large red pepper, deseeded and finely sliced
a handful of snap peas, finely sliced
a handful of baby corn, quartered lengthways
6 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
1 bunch of fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
Romaine lettuce leaves, for garnish
1. Cook the egg noodles in boiling salted water until just tender. Drain, place in a bowl and set aside.
2. Heat a large wok or a heavy-based frying pan until very hot. Add a splash of vegetable oil then stir fry the beef slices with the sliced garlic, ginger and chilies until just cooked.
3. Add the shoots or beansprouts, a good splash of soy sauce and sesame oil and the lime juice for the last 30 seconds of cooking.
4. Tip the contents of the wok into a large bowl,including all the lovely juices. Put the wok back on the heat, add a splash more vegetable oil and all the vegetables. Stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes, then add the cooked noodles and toss well over the heat.
5. Divide the fried vegetables and noodles between 4 plates. Return the beef and juices to the wok and stir fry until heated through. Add the coriander and toss until well mixed with the beef. Arrange on top of the noodles and garnish with a Romaine lettuce leaf.
By Jamie Oliver|
April, 20 2010