Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
on October 02, 2011
Mashed pumpkin and rolled oats make these soft cookies a nutritious, healthy snack.
1 cup pumpkin, canned or fresh, baked and mashed
1/2 cup butter or margarine
2 egg whites whipped
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp allspice
3 quick rolled oats (not cups instant)
1 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F (175˚C). Baking sheets, greased.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in pumpkin and whipped egg whites.
3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, rolled oats and raisins.
4. Mix ingredients together until just moistened.
5. Drop by tablespoons on to a prepared baking sheet about two inches apart. Flatten with a moistened fork or the bottom of a glass before baking. Bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on wire racks.