CHAPTER 1: PRENATAL 101
- The First Trimester and Managing Morning Sickness
- What Foods and Activities Are Safe During Pregnancy — And What Aren’t
- Nutrition and Exercise During Pregnancy
- The Second and Third Trimester and Pregnancy Myths
- When Mamas-to-Be Should Call the Doctor
- Getting Ready for Baby
- What to Pack in Your Hospital Bag
CHAPTER 2: BREASTFEEDING AND THE FIRST THREE MONTHS
Charlie Banana’s mission is to create a better world for baby by connecting eco-conscious parents to superior, reusable cloth diapers. Visit www.charliebanana.ca to learn more.
This chapter has been made possible by Charlie Banana.
CHAPTER 3: STARTING SOLIDS AND THE TODDLER YEARS
- Introducing Solids – A Primer
- What To Expect When Your Baby Starts Walking
- What to Expect When Your Baby Starts Talking
- Potty Training Basics
- Tips for Handling the “Terrible Twos” or the “Threenage Years”
CHAPTER 4: AN AGE-BY-AGE GUIDE TO SLEEP
CHAPTER 5: FAMILY NUTRITION
- Developing Healthy Food Habits as a Family
- Tips for Handling a Picky Eater
- How to Get Required Nutrients From your Diet
- Easy Meal Ideas to Get Out of a Kitchen Rut
Introduce nourishing meals at the family table at six months of age to help develop healthy eating habits for life. Visit www.thinkbeef.ca to learn more.
This chapter has been made possible by Canada Beef.
CHAPTER 6: KIDS & MENTAL HEALTH
CHAPTER 7: WHEN YOUR CHILD IS SICK
- Signs and Symptoms of Illness in Kids
- Medicine Cabinet Go-tos and Giving Medication
- Quick Reference: Common Ailments A-F
- Quick Reference: Common Ailments G-K
- Quick Reference: Common Ailments L-R
- Quick Reference: Common Ailments S-Z
Even if your child has received a meningitis vaccine, they may be missing protection against meningitis B. Visit www.missingb.ca to learn more.
This chapter has been made possible by one of Canada’s leading healthcare companies.
CHAPTER 8: SAFETY AND FIRST AID
- Stocking Your First Aid Kit
- Basic Safety Lessons for Parents
- Treating Common (and not so common) First Aid Emergencies
- CPR Basics by Age
- What To Do When Your Child is Choking: An Age-by-Age Primer
CHAPTER 9: MILESTONES, CHECKLISTS AND CHARTS
- Newborn Milestones: What to Watch For
- First-Year Milestones: What to Watch For
- Milestones (1 to 3 Years): What to Watch For
- Preschool Milestones (3 to 5 Years): What to Watch For
- School-Age Milestones (6 to 10 Years): What to Watch For
- Kindergarten Readiness Checklist
As you watch your child grow and learn, saving with a CST RESP will help you support their dreams. Visit www.cst.org to learn more.
This chapter has been made possible by CST Consultants Inc.