Official Contest Rules
1. Only one entry per person allowed (up to the allotted number of entries applicable per person). Entry must be received on or before midnight Eastern Time on the Contest Closing Date (as specified in the contest description).
The Contest will run from Monday April 4th until Monday May 2, 2022. The Draw will occur on May 9th, 2022 at 10:00 am (ET) and all entries must have been received by the contest organizer not later than May 2, 2022 at 23:59 pm (EST).
2. The contest is open to all persons who are legal residents of Canada (except residents of the Province of Quebec), eighteen years of age or older. Employees of ParentsCanada and Jane Media (collectively known as the “Sponsors”) and their affiliate companies, their respective advertising and promotional agencies, the contest judging organization and members of their respective immediate families are not eligible. The chances of being selected depend on the total number of entries received. Void where prohibited by law.
3. The Sponsors take no responsibility for entries that are lost, misdirected, delayed, or received after the contest deadline. Only one e-mail address and account may be used by any person to enter the Contest. In the event that the Sponsors receive more than one (1) entry per person the Sponsors reserve the right to void and destroy duplicate entries and that entrant may, at the discretion of the Sponsors, be disqualified from the Contest. Should it be discovered that an entrant is using the aid of computer programs to auto-fill entries, that entrant will be immediately disqualified from the Contest. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify all such contestants from future contests conducted by the Sponsors without further notice. By submitting an entry, entrants agree to be bound by these official rules and regulations.
4. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be deemed to be made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the e-mail address in question.
5. By entering the contest, entrants consent to the use of their names and/or photograph in any publicity carried out by the contest organizers, without compensation. The winner of the contest may be announced on ParentsCanada.com.
6. A random draw will be made in Oakville, Ontario at 8 – 407 Iroquois Shore Rd. on the date that is seven (7) days after the Contest Closing Date from all eligible entries received to select the grand prize winner. Selected entrants will be notified by e-mail within ten (10) days of the draw. Selected entrants will then have ten (10) days following receipt thereof to contact ParentsCanada to claim their prize. Should ParentsCanada not receive a reply within ten (10) days the selected entrant will be deemed to have forfeited any rights to the prize and a back-up entrant will be selected in the same manner by random draw taken from the same pool of entries, in which event, the foregoing provisions of this sentence shall also apply to such other eligible entry.
7. The contest is subject to all Federal, Provincial and Municipal laws and regulations.
8. The following prize will be awarded courtesy of Children’s Education Funds Inc.:
One Self-Initiated Option Plan consisting of $2, 500 Canadian funds contributed into a Self-Initiated Option Plan for the benefit of the designated RESP beneficiary.
Children’s Education Funds Inc. will deposit $2,500 CDN into the winner’s Self-Initiated Option Plan for the benefit of the designated beneficiary. The selected Entrant(s) will be required to work with Children’s Education Funds Inc.’s dealing representative to set up a Self-Initiated Option Plan in his/her name with a designated beneficiary (if such an account already does not exist) within 45 days of being declared the winner in order to receive the prize. If the forms required to open the account are not completed within 45 days of being declared the winner, the prize will be forfeited. There is no requirement to add or deposit any further monies or funds into the CET Self-Initiated Option Plan RESP account. If the RESP is later terminated or cancelled for any reason, the amounts deposited into the RESP will be returned to the Sponsor and no amount will be paid to the winner. The selected Entrant(s) must accept the terms and conditions of the plan as set out in the current prospectus and scholarship agreement.
A copy of the prospectus may be obtained from Sponsor by sending a written request to Children’s Education Funds Inc., 3221 North Service Road, Burlington, ON L7N 3G2 or by telephone at 1-800-246-1203. The Prize will be delivered only to the verified winner within Canada (outside of Quebec).
In order to be declared the winner, the selected Entrant will be required to answer a mathematical skill testing question.
The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. The prize is not transferable. The odds of winning depends on the number of entries received.
9. Prize must be accepted as awarded and subject to all applicable RESP terms and conditions.
10. The prize winner must agree to sign a Declaration and Liability Waiver Form (the “Waiver”) accepting responsibility for, among other things, any tax liability arising from acceptance of the prize. The Waiver must be returned to the contest organizer within 3 days of receiving it at the expense of the prize winner.
11. The participant selected to receive the prize holds the contest organizer, the Sponsors, Children’s Education Funds Inc. and their collective its employees, dealing representatives, branch managers and agents, as applicable, harmless from all liability for any damages the participant may incur in relation to the acceptance or use of the contest prize and undertakes to sign a statement to that effect included in the Waiver form.
12. All contest entries become the property of the contest organizers. Participants agree that information provided on the ballots can be used for the purpose of contest administration. Participants may be contacted by phone or email by a dealing representative promoting the RESPs distributed by Children’s Education Funds Inc. only if they have opted in to receive more information from Children’s Education Funds Inc. Through their opt-in to receive more information from Children’s Education Funds Inc., all participants acknowledge and consent to this contact.
13. The Sponsors reserve the right to cancel or suspend this contest in the event of any accident, or administrative or other error of any kind.
14. The Sponsors are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry of registration or entry information which may affect an entrants’ inability to get through on the internet during the promotion or ability to participate in the contest, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed/corrupted data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof, any inability to access the site, or damage to a user’s system occasioned by participating in the contest, and entries which fail to fully comply with these contest rules and regulations.