Watch ParentsCanada editor Janice Biehn talk about this and other holiday crafts on CTV Kitchener’s News at Noon.
- 2 sizes of styrofoam balls
- 5 black-headed straight pins
- 2 red-headed straight pins
- black curling ribbon
- 2 coloured thumb tacks
- red satin ribbon
- white glue
1. Glue the smaller styrofoam ball to the largerone making the head and body. Let dry.
2. Stick three black-headed pins in a row on thebody for buttons.
3. Stick two black-headed pins and one redheaded pin on the head to make the eyes and nose.
4. Cut a small strip of black curling ribbon, place on the top of the head and secure on either side with matching thumb tacks for ear muffs.
5. Tie a piece of red satin ribbon around the neck for the scarf.
6. Sit snowman on a bed of cotton batting or place on a small paper cup filled with sweet treats for a table favour.
Originally published in ParentsCanada magazine, December 2013.