It’s pretty crazy how many car seats I have purchased in the last 4 years. Why? Because every car seat comes with a weight restriction and as the kids get older, they graduate to the next one … at least that’s what I thought!
I am the type of person who does hours of research before buying products for my kids, but for some reason that time around I listened to those around me and bought on a whim what I thought was the right car seat. Fast forward a year later, my ‘once was’ little guy was hanging out of his car seat and basically bursting at the seams which didn’t make sense to me considering the weight limit was 35lbs and he was only 22lbs. Did I mention that carrying him in that car seat was like carrying a deadlift … sheesh! Onto the next car seat which I swear my son grew out of it in a minute and so what I had to buy the next stage car seat. I got to a point where I had to convince myself it was ok because my next child would use them.
A few years later, my next son was born and and that’s when I heard of the convertible car seat, a seat that would take you from the newborn stage all the way up to the big kid stage … yes that’s right 1 car seat!!!!!!!! I honestly couldn’t believe that I hadn’t known about this when my older son was born and I could have kicked myself for listening to others and not doing my own research (you live and learn right!). It was as if the stars were aligned because I was offered the opportunity to try out the Diono Rainier Car Seat and I immediately went onto the computer to do some research and fell in love.
Why I love the Diono Rainier Car Seat:
- It’s the only car seat you will ever need
- weight: fits children rear facing starting from 5lbs-50lbs, forward facing 22lbs-65lbs, up to 57″ in a 5 point harness and then turns into a booster from 50lbs-120lbs
- I looked at the manual online and it looks fairly easy to adjust and install (my next post I will be testing that out myself)
- Space saving design allows for multiple car seats and/or additional passengers
- Folds flat for travelling
- Infant body support cushions and memory foam (why can’t they make driver seats like this!)
- Expandable sides
- The cover is machine washable (very important for me as we all encounter some form of child accident ie. throwing up, peeing or even a spilt drink)
- Has a cup holder (this is a must especially when the kids are older)
- Low-sitting profile for easier entrance and exit from car (if you have a small car you will appreciate this, so no more accidental head bumps … eek)
- Additional forward-facing recline position to accommodate different types of contoured vehicle seats
- 12-position adjustable headrest
- 5 shoulder and 3 buckle positions (this was a HUGE issue with my last car seat, so I am thrilled to see this)
- Great colour options
- There are installation videos on their website
- Full steel frame and aluminum reinforced sides (the ultimate in safety)
As I am sure we can all agree, safety is our #1 concern when it comes to car seats considering they are holding our most precious cargo and I was extremely impressed with all the safety features. For starters, NCAP crash tested, it has a Safestop® energy-absorbing harness, energy absorbing EPS foam and side impact protection and extra deep side walls providing complete side impact protection for added safety.
My father once told me that once you have a child, you will never stop worrying about them and he was right, but the one thing you can stop worrying about is is safety when you have the Diono Rainier Car Seat.