Airports are extremely busy this time of year with families travelling to celebrate the holidays or heading to sunny destinations.
Toronto’s Pearson Airport shares some tips to ensure smooth journey.
- Check in online from the comfort of your home before you leave for the airport.
- Ensure all travel documents and tickets are in hand before you reach your counter or kiosk.
- Be aware of weight and size restrictions for checked baggage and ensure that all checked and carry-on luggage has your name and address on it before arriving at the airport.
- Before leaving home, verify that your baggage does not contain any restricted items. For a complete up-to-date list of restricted items please visit www.catsa-acsta.gc.ca.
- If you have oversized items to stow, such as strollers and car seats, let your airline know.
- Talk to your kids about the airport experience before you leave home so they know what to do if you become separated.
- Keep an eye out for our family washrooms.
- If you happen to be in the airport during Christmas or New Year’s Eve, check TorontoPearson.com for any special events happening at the airport.
- Give yourself lots of time to get to the airport in case you run into traffic on your way there.