Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
400 g gnocchi
500 g passata (tomato puree)
100 g Parmesan
1 garlic clove
1 large eggplant
2 balls of mozzarella cheese
Extra virgin olive oil
1. Cut the eggplant into thick slices and dice the mozzarella. Chop the garlic and basil.
2. Preparing the sauce: fry the garlic with a little olive oil in a large pan. Add the tomato puree when the garlic turns golden brown. Add salt and a pinch of sugar. Leave to cook half-covered for about 10 minutes on low heat.
3. Fry the eggplant slices separately.
4. Cook the gnocchi (2 minutes): they will rise to the surface when they are done.
5. Drain the pasta and add to the pan with the sauce. Add the basil, parmesan and mozzarella.
6. Place the eggplant slices on the gnocchi dish, garnish with a basil leaf and sprinkle with Parmesan.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Lagostina.