Green eggs and ham
By Julie van Rosendaal
on March 02, 2010
I updated traditional devilled eggs just so I could use the name. But they’ve turned out to be among my favourites! Spinach, eggs, ham and cheese are a great combo. These are really intensely flavoured little bites.
6 large eggs, hardboiled
1 tsp (5 mL) canola oil
2 slices deli ham, chopped or julienned
A handful of fresh spinach or chard, finely chopped
1 tbsp (15 mL) low-fat mayonnaise
2 tbsp (30 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Peel and slice eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks and set 3 aside for another use, or feed them to your dog.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a saucepan set over medium heat and sauté the ham for a minute.
3. Add the spinach and cook for another minute, until wilted.
4. In a medium bowl mash the 3 yolks with the mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper until smooth.
5. Add the spinach mixture and stir until well blended.
6. Stuff egg white halves with filling and serve immediately.
55 calories, 3.7 g total fat (1.1 g saturated fat, 1.5 g monounsaturated fat, 0.6 g polyunsaturated fat), 4.5 g protein, 0.8 g carbohydrate, 111 mg cholesterol, 0.1 g fiber. 61% calories from fat.
By Julie van Rosendaal|
March 02, 2010