What if you could supply your family with omega-3 and vitamin D in one tasty teaspoon each and every day?
With OmegaSea, it’s just that easy. OmegaSea is an ultra-pure omega-3 and vitamin D supplement that helps maintain and support cardiovascular health, brain function and more. And with three fun flavours – chocolate, lemon and bubblegum bonanza – every family member will have a favourite flavour in no time.
There are few parents today who haven’t heard of the health benefits of omega-3s and vitamin D. Now, it seems more important than ever, that a family’s diet include these nutrients and others to remain healthy and strong.
The Number One Reason Your Family Needs Omega-3:
Omega-3 is an essential fatty acid that helps maintain and support overall good health but our bodies can’t produce omega-3’s so we have to get them through our diet or supplements.
Of the omega-3 essential fatty acids, there are 3 that stand out:
- ALA (alpha-linolenic acid),
- EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid)
- DHA (docosahexaenoic acid)
Direct sources of the omega-3 EPA and DHA are marine oils, such as fish oils and algal oils.
ALA can be found in green leafy vegetables, plant oils, nuts and seeds such as walnuts and flaxseeds. In order for our bodies to reap the benefits associated with omega-3’s, ALA must be converted into the longer-chain EPA or DHA omega-3 fatty acids. Studies show that the human body converts ALA into EPA and DHA at a rate of about 5%1,2. This means that even though common sources of ALA, like green leafy vegetables, nuts and seeds are healthy foods to incorporate into your regular diet, they are not efficiently providing EPA and DHA to your body.
It’s always a great idea to try to add omega-3s to your family’s diet naturally, through food. Adding fish, such as salmon, herring, mackerel and tuna, to your family’s diet is the easiest way to boost omega-3s. The challenge is making sure your kids eat two servings of fish each week! Omega-3-enriched eggs and yogurts are also a great source, but if you’ve got picky eaters in your family, the struggle continues.
OmegaSea can be easily incorporated into your everyday lifestyle by adding it to smoothies, shakes, salads and so much more. Aside from its great taste, here are just a few of the health benefits of OmegaSea:
- Brain Function: OmegaSea contains omega-3 fatty acids that help support cognitive health and brain function
- Cardiovascular Health: With EPA & DHA omega-3 fatty acids, OmegaSea can help to support and maintain cardiovascular health
- Bones: Formulated with 1,000 IU of vitamin D, OmegaSea assists in bone development and maintenance
- Bone Health: The vitamin D in OmegaSea helps in the absorption and use of calcium
- Good Health: OmegaSea contains 750mg of potent EPA and DHA omega-3 that benefit and contribute to overall great health
- Teeth: The vitamin D in OmegaSea helps in the development and maintenance of teeth
OmegaSea Kids promotes brain, eyes and nerve development in children up to 12 years of age. It really is an ideal product for the whole family.
Now there’s no need to guess if you and your family are getting enough omega-3 in your diet – just one teaspoon of OmegaSea and you’re good to go! Grab some OmegaSea available at Walmart, Rexall, Superstore, Fortino’s, Vitamart.ca, Well.ca and Amazon.ca.
1. Thomas Brenna J, to Brenna CJ. Efficiency of conversion of a a-linolenic acid to long chain n-3 fatty acids in man. 1363.
2. Plourde M, Cunnane SC. Extremely limited synthesis of long chain polyunsaturates in adults: implications for their dietary essentiality and use as supplements. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. 2007. doi:10.1139/H07-034.