Keep travel boredom at bay with this clever custom-made game.
1. Download our Bingo board at ParentsCanada.com/bingo and skip to #3. Or, create your own using a design program on your computer. Start with an 8.5 x 11-inch document in portrait setting. Make a bingo board measuring 4.25 x 5.5 inches (10.7 x 13.9 cm) and divide it into 25 equal squares. The middle square is a FREE space. Place 24 different graphics (coloured shapes, numbers, letters and/or illustrations) into each of the squares on the board.
2. Duplicate and paste this “bingo board” three times to fill the document. Then, on each of the four boards, move the graphics around so the images are in a different spot on each board.
3. Print the page of four boards onto a sheet of magnetic-backed printer paper, then again onto an ordinary sheet of paper on a colour printer.
4. Cut the magnetic sheet to make four separate game boards.
5. Glue the paper printout on to a sheet of cardboard. Let dry.
6. Cut one of the cardboard-backed game boards into individual game pieces for the “caller” to use.
Each player needs one game board and several magnetic disks. The caller randomly chooses a tile from the bag and announces it, then each player marks it with their disks on their board. The first player to get a straight line in any direction wins and yells BINGO! Store the boards, caller tiles and magnetic disks into the resealable bag until the next game.