1. Preheat the oven to 400˚F.
2. In a bowl (or the bowl of a food processor) combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Add the butter and pulse or stir with a fork or pastry blender until almost blended. Bits of butter should be no bigger than the size of a pea. If you’re using a food processor, dump the mixture into a bowl.
4. Add the milk and stir until the dough just comes together. Pat into a 1” thick circle and cut into rounds with a cookie cutter or glass rim, or into eight wedges with a knife. If you like, brush the tops with a little milk or cream, which will brown them nicely.
5. Pull the wedges apart, spacing them at least 1” from each other on the sheet, and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden.
Makes 8–10 biscuits.
Originally published in ParentsCanada magazine, April 2013.