- 2 shades of blue paper
- Scotch Mints
1. Cut both shades of blue paper into thin strips lengthwise with scissors.
2. Gently pull the edge of the scissor blade along the paper to curl it.
3. Gather about a dozen curled strips in your hand and gently roll them together as if you were making a snowball.
4. Flatten slightly so it resembles a bird’s nest. Form a small cup in the centre on the top.
5. Drop 3 mints into the “nest” and place on a small saucer in front of each guest.
Originally published in ParentsCanada magazine, December 2012.