Nothing beats the excitement of counting down the days, or minutes, to the big celebration.
New Year’s Noisemakers
- small tins with tight-fitting lids
- marbles or dried beans
- wrapping paper and/or stickers as desired
2. Fill each tin half full with marbles or dried beans.
3. Replace the lid and make sure it is very secure. (You could glue or tie the lid on with ribbon to make sure it won’t pop off when vigorously shaken ;).
4. Now all you have to do is wait for the clock to strike 12 and welcome in the new year with your colourful handmade noisemaker. Happy New Year!!
Originally published in ParentsCanada magazine, December 2014.