Hang or stand this hand cast to remember the small hands that helped create it.
- On a level surface, fill a foil pan with sand leaving 1 cm of space at the top. Smooth out surface, but don’t compact the sand.
- Practice pressing hand into surface, deeply and with open fingers. If the impression doesn’t hold, add a bit of water and stir. Try again.
- Once you have a sand impression that looks deep enough, set aside.
- Make plaster according to instructions on package. Work quickly because it sets fast!
- Pour plaster into foil pan, filling to the rim. As plaster begins to set, stick a paper clip into the back to create a hook.
- Let dry overnight, then turn out hand cast.
Sand will be damp. Gently brush it off as it dries to reveal your child’s hand print.