Green your life with these resources.
- Read books about living green: Not Your Typical Book About the Environment published by OwlKids tackles eco-anxiety by showing kids and their parents how to make a sustainable difference.
- Check your family’s energy footprint in a few simple steps at energydiet.canadiangeographic.ca/calculator.
- Trade outgrown quality kids’ clothing and use the credits to shop for other clothes on sites such as minitrade.ca.
- Find a local chapter of The SWAP Team, a non-profit social group whose mission includes eco-friendly and conscious consumption of clothing. Ask them if they host a kids’ clothes swap event.
- Order from sites that care about sustainability and healthy happy families and communities. To reduce their carbon footprint, they use UPS carbon-neutral shipping.