- decorative hole punch
- coloured paper
- white paper
- note card envelopes
- small paintbrush
- tissue paper
1. Cut a piece of coloured paper and a piece of white paper to 5 1/2” x 8 1/2”. Fold both in half horizontally.
2. Tuck the white card inside the coloured paper card with their folds together.
3. Using a decorative hole punch (we used a snowflake shape), punch a pattern through the front edges of both cards at the same time.
4. Cut out a strip of coloured tissue paper just big enough to cover the snowflake holes and tape in place on the back of the coloured paper.
5. On the front of the white card, lightly brush glue around the edges, along the fold and dab glue around the snowflakes.
6. Press the white card to the construction paper with the tissue sandwiched between, so the punched holes line up. Add some of the cut out pieces to the front with a dab of glue. Brush glue on the card backs and press together.
7. Make a matching envelope by punching a hole on the back flap and gluing a small piece of tissue to the inside of the flap, or use a punched out piece glued to the outside centre of the flap.
Originally published in ParentsCanada magazine, December 2012.