Watch ParentsCanada editor Janice Biehn talk about this and other holiday crafts on CTV Kitchener’s News at Noon.
1. Glue the smaller styrofoam ball to the largerone making the head and body. Let dry.
2. Stick three black-headed pins in a row on thebody for buttons.
3. Stick two black-headed pins and one redheaded pin on the head to make the eyes and nose.4. Cut a small strip of black curling ribbon, place on the top of the head and secure on either side with matching thumb tacks for ear muffs.
5. Tie a piece of red satin ribbon around the neck for the scarf.
6. Sit snowman on a bed of cotton batting or place on a small paper cup filled with sweet treats for a table favour.
Originally published in ParentsCanada magazine, December 2013.