- Measure the length and width of the device you’d like to protect. Double the length, then add 4 cm (for the flap). Add 2 cm to the width to accommodate thickness of device. Trace the measurements on a piece of white felt.
- Cut out shape.
- Fold together lengthwise leaving 4 cm overhang.
- Using an oversewing stitch (as shown), sew the sides together with wool.
- Cut out wavy stripes from black felt, and lay them on the white felt, spacing them a few millimetres apart. Glue in place.
- Attach brads to flap. Glue light-duty craft magnets in place behind brads to create a magnetic closure.
Felt sheets in various colours
Googly eyes (varying sizes)
Pompoms (varying sizes and colours)
Wool and large needle
Fabric covered brad fasteners
Published March 2010