- Scrap paper (newsprint, magazines, old books)
- White glue
- Wooden skewers
- Thread or bead wire
- Find heavy paper flyers or brochures with colours you like.
- Cut long triangles about 2.5 cm wide at the base and about 30 cm long.
- With your thumbs and forefingers, hold the base of a triangle strip to a wooden skewer.
- Roll the triangle to about the last 2 cm of the strip. Keeping paper tightly wound, add a dab of glue then finish rolling.
- Hold in place for about 10 seconds until glue has set. Slide the bead off the skewer.
- When you have enough beads, string them with coordinating plastic or glass beads.