Keep track of all your stories and adventures while you’re away with this custom-made travel diary.
- 1 lined-page journal (available at stationery, book or art supply shops)
- 1 fold-out map of your holiday destination
- white glue
- scissors or utility knife
- self-adhesive photo corners
- post card or photo from your trip
- letter stickers
1. Measure and mark the area of the map that you want to feature on the cover of your journal, leaving .25 cm (1/8 inch) extra on all sides.
2. Cut out selected piece of map as marked.
3. Glue the map piece to the cover and press flat.
4. Fold the excess paper around to the inside of the cover on all edges and press flat.
5. If desired, choose your favourite photo or souvenir postcards and, using photo corners, stick in place on the cover.
6. Label your cover with press-on letters.
7. Leftover map pieces? Cut a strip from the same map to the length of a pencil and glue it around the pencil (leaving the lead and the eraser ends exposed).
Originally published in ParentsCanada magazine, August/September 2014.