- 1 1/2 flax eggs, or 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup mashed very rip banana, approx. 1 large
- 1/4 cup agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1 large apple, peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnanmon
- 1/2 unsweetened almond milk
- 1 heaping cup (packed) grated carrot, approx. 3 large carrots
- 2/3 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp all purpose gluten free flour
- 1 tsp or so of dark brown sugar per muffin
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted walnuts
Prepare flax egg if using.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees, prepare muffin tin with liners or lightly grease them, set aside.
To flax egg or regular eggs add mashed banana agave or maple syrup, olive oil and whisk to combine.
Add brown sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and almond milk stir to combine.
Fold in the grated carrot and apple, oats, almond meal and gluten free flour and stir to combine.
Divide evenly among 12 muffin tins, I used a medium ice cream scoop, filling them to top.
Sprinkle with brown sugar and crushed walnuts.
Bake for 30-35 mins or until deep golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes, flip over onto their side and let cool completely or remove to wire rack.
Find more of Pamela’s gluten free recipes at PamelasGlutenFreeRecipes.com.