- 4 5 tablespoons unsalted butter or coconut oil
- 12 boneless skinless chicken tenders or 4 chicken breasts cut into strips
- 2/3 cup corn masa flour or 1/3 cup coconut flour + 1/3 cup potato or tapioca starch
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs beaten or 1 15 oz can of coconut cream
- 1/3 gluten free panko
- 1/2 shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or vegan replacement
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp white vine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
Place butter or coconut oil on a large rimmed baking tray and melt in oven for a few minutes. Remove and set aside.
In a large zip-top freezer bag, combine the flour, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and pepper.
Add the chicken and shake well to coat, set aside.
In a large shallow bowl, add the eggs or coconut cream, set aside.
In another shallow bowl combine both types of coconut, panko, basil and parsley.
Remove the chicken from the bag and dip in the egg/cream to coat well, I use tongs for this.
Then roll around in the panko coconut mixture until well coated.
Slide into heated oven onto the bottom rack and bake for about 12 minutes, or until underside is browned and crispy, then using clean tongs turn over and continue to cook for another 6-8 minutes to brown the underside.
If not nicely browned place on higher rack and broil a few minutes more.
Remove chicken to large plate lined with paper towels.
Add all ingredients for dipping sauce to small bowl and whisk until mixed well.
Find more of Pamela’s gluten free recipes at PamelasGlutenFreeRecipes.com.