- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 shredded coconut, sweetened or unsweetened
- 1 15oz thai style coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed with a fork
- 3 large eggs, beaten and at room temperature, or equivalent egg replacer or flax or chia “eggs”
- 4 tbsp icing sugar (or regular sugar)
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut, lightly toasted
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Line a 9-inch loaf pan with parchment paper and rub with a bit of olive oil, set aside.
In a large mixing bowl add rice flour, potato starch, sugar, baking powder, salt and coconut, mix well.
Make a well in center and add coconut milk, vanilla, beaten eggs and mashed bananas.
Mix until everything is well incorporated.
Scrape out the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the surface.
Bake until bread is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. 45-50 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes.
In the meantime whisk the icing sugar and lime juice and zest together.
While the loaf is still a bit warm, scatter the coconut over the top of the loaf, drizzle with the glaze.
You can also toast the coconut first if you prefer in a hot dry pan, just watch closely it can burn quickly.
Selfishly, I did not, because white coconut looks better for the photo than light brown.
Note: to make flax or chia “eggs” Mix 1 Tbsp ground flax or chia seeds with 3 Tbsp water, whisk well and place in the fridge for 15 minutes to set = 1 egg.
Find more of Pamela’s gluten free recipes at PamelasGlutenFreeRecipes.com.