- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or broth
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ¾ pounds large or extra-large shrimp, shelled
- 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen petite peas
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Freshly squeezed juice of half a lemon
- Cooked pasta, rice or crusty bread
In a large skillet, melt butter with olive oil.
Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add wine or broth, salt, red pepper flakes and plenty of black pepper and bring to a simmer.
Let wine reduce by half, about 2 minutes.
Add the white beans and heat through, approx 3-4 minutes.
Add shrimp and peas and sauté until shrimp just turn pink, 2 to 4 minutes depending upon their size. Stir in the parsley and lemon juice and serve over pasta, rice or with crusty bread.
Find more of Pamela’s gluten-free recipes at PamelasGlutenFreeRecipes.com.