Prep Time: 6 minutes
Cooking Time: 6 minutes
1 C all-purpose flour
1 C whole wheat flour
4 tsp baking powder
2 tsp packed brown sugar
2 C milk
4 tsp melted butter
2 whole eggs
1 sweet potato, cooked until tender, peeled and mashed
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix together until smooth.
2. Heat a seasoned griddle or a large skillet over medium heat. If needed, add a little oil to prevent sticking.
3. Spoon about 3 tablespoons of batter onto the griddle to form each pancake.
4. Cook until bubbles form on the pancake surface, then flip and continue cooking until the second sides are dark golden brown.
5. Serve immediately or keep warm in a low (200 degree F) oven. Serve with maple syrup.
Makes about 12, 4-inch pancakes.