- sheet of coloured bristol board
- decorative duct tape
- X-acto knife or scissors
- paints, felt markers, crayons, stickers or construction paper
1. Fold the sheet of bristol board in half.
2. Fold a strip of duct tape over the two sides of the folder to attach the front of your portfolio to the back, and trim off excess tape on the top and bottom of the sides, making an envelope.
3. To make opening easier, create a cutout on the top edge of the front of your portfolio. Using half of an upside down glass as guide, trace a semi circle and cut out carefully.
4. We splatter painted the front of our portfolio using the duct tape design as our inspiration, but you can decorate your artwork portfolio however you choose using paint, crayons, markers, stickers or construction paper cutouts.
Originally published in ParentsCanada magazine, October 2014.