Prep Time : 5 minutes
Cooking Time : 5 minutes
1 1/2 C quick rolled oats 2 C buttermilk
(not instant) (or soured milk)
1/2 C whole wheat flour 1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt 2 tbsp packed brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten 1 C blueberries, fresh or thawed from frozen
1. Reserve blueberries. Combine oats and buttermilk. Stir in remaining ingredients. If the batter is too thick, add a little more milk.
2. Heat a seasoned griddle or a large skillet over medium heat. If needed, add a little oil to prevent sticking.
3. Spoon about 3 tablespoons of batter onto the griddle to form each pancake.
4. Drop 8 or 9 blueberries on each pancake.
5. Cook until bubbles form on the pancake surface, then flip and continue cooking until golden.
6. Serve immediately with yoghurt and fresh fruit. Try serving these without syrup since the blueberries inside are like warm jam.
Makes about 12 4-inch pancake.