Steak on the barbecue topped with a bright, herby sauce is perfect for a summer day (or any day you want to fire up the grill!). Serve alongside a salad, roasted potatoes, corn on the cob…you really can’t go wrong.
- steaks of your choice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- canola or other vegetable oil, for cooking
- 1 cup flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- To prepare the steaks, leave them at room temperature until they’re no longer fridge-cold, pat them dry with paper towels and sprinkle on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Set a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat (cast iron is ideal) or preheat your grill. Cook your steak for 4-5 minutes on each side, turning only once, for medium-rare.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until well blended. Taste and adjust the seasonings as you like.
- Let the steaks rest for 10 minutes before serving topped with chimichurri.