- 3/4 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature, or egg replacer or flax eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, unsalted
- 1/4 cup currants
- 2 tablespoons sugar for dusting
- A handful of pumpkin seeds and currants for sprinkling on top
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and grease well.
In a large bowl or stand mixer add pumpkin, applesauce, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cooled butter, vanilla and eggs. Mix on medium speed until well incorporated.
Add flours, baking soda, baking powder, spices and salt. Again, mix until combined.
Add pumpkin seeds and currants, mix one last time until blended.
Spread into loaf pan, smooth over top and sprinkle with sugar, seeds and currants.
Bake 50-60 minutes, or until well browned and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
Find more of Pamela’s gluten free recipes at PamelasGlutenFreeRecipes.com.