- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 large shallots, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 c. dry white wine
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- Broccolini approx. 15 small to medium stalks or 4 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lb. mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- Grilled or warmed bread
In a large pot over medium-low heat, heat olive oil.
Add shallots and a sprinkle of salt and cook until fragrant and soft, 5 minutes, then add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more.
Add diced tomatoes, wine, red pepper flakes and 1/2 of the parsley and stir then simmer 10 mins.
Add the butter and stir to incorporate.
Place the broccolinni on top and simmer with lid on until broccolini is about 1/2 way cooked about 2-3 minutes.
Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed
Add mussels and simmer until all the shells swing open, about 2-4 minutes shaking the pot a few times to shift them around (Discard any shells that aren’t open.)
Garnish with more parsley and serve with grilled bread.
Find more of Pamela’s gluten free recipes at PamelasGlutenFreeRecipes.com.